Friday, July 19, 2013

A Work in Progress

Hey everyone! I have been a busy boy this summer spending lots of time outside, playing golf, laying by the pool, and on and on. I have however spent some time in my classroom. This will be my first year in Kindergarten so I want to be ready in advance. I will need lots of time preparing lessons and figuring out what the heck to do. LOL

Shame on me, but I did not take before pictures. Let me just tell you the walls were a color somewhere between pink and purple. There was mounds of stuff all over the classroom, some of which was from 1978!!! But with some hard work and my good friend Angela, progress has been made. Here are some pics. 


I don't know if you can see it or not, but everything is done in an Alabama theme. ROLL TIDE! I even got some great things done in houndstooth such as my alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, and name plates. Those are all from Angela over at The Daily Alphabet. You should hop over to her store and check it out. GREAT STUFF!!!



Notice I have tables in the room. I had student desks and was torn about whether to keep them or change to tables. After polling some well respected teachers I decided to change them out to desks. Yeah, there was much sweat and huffing while doing that. 


I was also worried about the black curtains after a few coworkers said that it didn't look like a kindergarten room. I went back and forth, but when I finally put them up I liked it. What do you think? 


Finally, this is the beginning stages of my bulletin board outside my room. I plan to put the Seven Habits along the right side of the tree and put the kids names on owls all over the rest of the board. I would love to put some flowers down at the bottom, but since our kids sit in the hallway during dismissal, they would never make it. 

So as you can tell I have been working this summer. But I do have a long way to go. And with only 30 summer days left I need to get busy. How much have you gotten done in your room? 

1 comment:

The Daily Alphabet said...

I think it looks absolutely wonderful!!! Love it!!!

Angela
The Daily Alphabet